Friday 14 January 2011

The magic roundabout review

Rated U. The magic roundabout (known as Doogal in the US) is based on the old TV show 'the magic roundabout'. It's not one of the best annimated movies I've seen, bt I think it is a perfectly deecent animated effort.

For something based on an old five minuite TV show, this is pretty intense. There are some scary moments and a pretty scary viallain. Its script isn't dazzling, I must admit. The characters are good, but not all of them are likable. I like Dylan, Bryan, Zebedee and Train. I don't like Doogal, Ermintrude or Florence.

However, this is a sometimes rather colourful tale, with plenty of adventure. It will be very exciting for some, though some fans of the original TV series might not like the film. It has an all star cast and it is an interesting tale.


It's perfectly good; But fans of the original show may find this a bit of an insult to the programe. 3 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment